Easter is so much more than just Easter baskets and Easter bunnies. As a Christian, this is the day of celebration of the resurrection of Christ. This year we dedicated our March Children’s church for Easter celebration and decided to have an Easter theme lunch for all the children. I made the cupcakes and they were a big hit, I decided to share my recipe and decorated cupcakes.
Ready in 40 minutes
Yield: 20 – 25 Cupcakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (if you like your cupcakes very sweet, add a little more.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375f or 190c; line muffin cups with papers.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add flour (mixed with baking powder and salt) alternating with milk beat well; stir in vanilla.
- Divide evenly among pans and bake for 18 minutes. Let cool in pans.
Ready in 10 minutes
Yield 12 Cupcakes
- 2cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2teaspoon milk, add more to the desired consistency
- 1dash salt (may substitute or omit)
- 1⁄4cup butter (for the Buttercream Icing you would add the butter to the recipe)
- Mix powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Add milk teaspoon by teaspoon until desired consistency.
- Dash salt.
- Note: Do NOT pour in the milk.
- Trust me.
- Do this as instructed, or you will have to keep adding sugar until you get a good consistency, and then you will end up with enough icing to cover the surplus amount of cakes!
For the decoration, I mixed coconut with green dye and used that for my “grass”. I then added mini whopper eggs and blue peeps.